Friday, October 30, 2015

Doodle 4 Google

Have you noticed that the letter art on the Google Search page changes every day? click here

Every year there is a contest for students to create doodles for that page. YOU could have your art displayed for all the world!


Check out this website for more information about Doodle 4 Google. We will not be completing this activity in class, but your life could be improved by participating in this contest. You will make art; you will share art; you could win worldwide fame for a day; and there are lots of prizes!


*****************************
PEN PAL

Peter received our mail in Taiwan. Keep writing to him. He loved it. He will respond soon. 


*****************************
SUPER STARS

These are kids who demonstrate role model behavior. They are Safe, Responsible, Courteous, and they show Integrity. These certificates are coming home to keep.


*****************************
GUEST BLOGGERS

Famous Person

I'm thinking of a famous person.
This person was born on April 16, 1971 in Lake Jackson, Texas. She died on March 31, 1995. She died because of a gunshot from the president of her fan club. One of her songs are {Dreaming of You} which was released after her death. She was also a fashion designer. She began performing around the age 10. She has her own movie where she talks about her life and how she became a singer. Her love was Christi Perez.  One of her dreams was to have her own farm. Towards the end of her life, she and Chris had purchased 10 acres of land just outside of Corpus Christi, on which they planned to build a farm, raise horses, and build their own house.

Who is this person?

-Erika


Question of the Week

I asked Nolan about his wrestling. How many wrestling matches have you done? He said that he has done more than he can remember. I asked him how many matches he has won, and he said about 12. Then I asked him how many he lost, and he said that he has lost quite a few matches. He said he has gone to a bunch of tournaments. I asked him if he has won trophies and he said yes; he has won trophies and tournaments.
                                      
-Gavyn

Two Truths and a Lie

1)      I wrestle for the wildcats. I got 3rd, 8th, and 7th in state. This will be my sixth year wrestling but only my fourth with the wild cats. My 1st two years was for the Oroville Rattlers.
2)      I have a dog that ran off so any times that I don’t even know how many times she has run off. Her name is Delilah. We don’t have Delilah anymore because my dad is not chasing after her anymore, and he’s not bailing her out of the pound.
3)      My favorite song is “Levels” by Nick Jonas. My second favorite is “Downtown” and finally my third is “Locked Away” or “Hotline Bling.” I can’t decide.
- Gage

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could design for Google!! That's awesome!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika - I know who your famous person is. It's a shame that she was killed so young!

    Gavyn - I enjoyed reading about Nolan and his wrestling records.

    Gage - I'm hoping that #2 is a lie.

    Ms. Davis - Thank you for recognizing kids who are safe, responsible, courteous, and show integrity. I'm glad students who demonstrate these attributes are being rewarded for their positive behavior.

    Ms. Farrar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I entered Doodle4Google it was so fun.
    Congratulations to everyone who got an award.
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika- is it Selena.
    Gavyn- good question Nolan probably had a lot of answers.
    Gage- I'm going to guess #3 is the lie.
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gavyn- I think number 3 is the lie.
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog looks great I think #3 is a lie Nolan why do you like wrestling? Also Erika I don't know how it is. -Shantelle

    ReplyDelete

Show good digital citizenship.
Remember your audience.
Comments without first names will not be posted.