Many of my students have also been motivated to create their own blogs about topics they're passionate about. I encourage them to find their authentic voices and use their digital literacy in a global setting.
- Choose one of the following topics around which to write a guest blog. Always keep in mind your global audience of educators, parents, and other students.
- Question of the Week (Ask someone you know an interesting question and record their answer. "What did you do this summer?" "Who do you admire?" "If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?" "What have been your highs and lows today?" "What would be included in your favorite meal?")
- Two Truths and a Lie (Describe three things about yourself, numbered 1, 2, and 3. One of the things must be a lie. Here is my sample.)
- Book Review (Review a book you have read recently. Visit this page for tips from Scholastic about writing a book review.)
- Movie Review (Review an age-appropriate movie you have recently watched. What did you like about it? Why might your peers want to watch it? See book review above for tips.)
- Other Topic (You may share another idea with me for consideration. I reserve the right to say no. See #7.)