Friday, November 3, 2017

Yearbook Halloween Party

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

The yearbook staff is taking a break from their hard work in order to have a partay! Students arranged the entire thing, demonstrating leadership skills, organization, teamwork, and party planning. They decorated, ate snacks and drinks, and held a costume contest. What fun!


 





 
















*******************************
GUEST BLOGGERS



Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


What I liked about Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone is the magic and the creatures. I think all the special effects that went into making the magic look realistic are amazing. The magical creatures like the troll and dragon must have been hard to make look real. Somehow the people doing special effects really made the creatures and the monsters look like it wasn’t special effects. It looked like they were actually in the movie.
I think other people will really like Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone Because of the beginning where the people that Harry Potter is living with treat him like garbage. They make him cook breakfast for everyone, they make him live under the stairs, and do all the chores. Once Hagrid takes him to Hogwarts, he is really respected and everybody is nice to him. People are shocked to be talking to “the Harry Potter.”


Jacob F.


Two Truths and a Lie


  1. I have gone to Disneyland seven times, Disney World four times, and I have been on two Disney Cruises. On the cruise there was a waterslide that was two hundred and three feet long going throughout the ship. I went on the slide five times while we were on the cruise.
  2. I lived in Arizona for nine years, lived in Las Vegas for a year, and moved to California in 2016. I moved to California because my dad got full custody of me and he lived here and I lived in Arizona.
  3. I have four animals living in my house. A bird and three dogs, my dog is Chloe and she is the youngest. Gretta is the second youngest dog, then it’s Angel who is the oldest and last but not least there is the bird Peanut. Peanut is nine, Angel is also nine, Gretta is two, and Chloe just turned a year old.


Athena C.  


Question of the Week


       I asked my mom a question about summer. What did you do over summer? Her answer was, “First we went to LA to visit family on 4th of July and saw fireworks all night and had a good night playing games with the family. After LA we went to Monterey to go camping as a family and see the sunset at the beach and visit the piers sampling clam chowder. The next morning, we went kayaking and saw otters and harbor seals with other families. After kayaking, we went to a seafood restaurant that had really good food and tried new things but very delicious foods like a deep-fried artichoke.” So from what all my mom said made my summer seem much longer and much more fun-sounding. I am very glad that she let us do so many things as a family.


Julian Q

Two Truths and One Lie

  1. I am a very good artist and have taken many art classes. I am terrible with color pencils and I am great with shading pencils. I have drawn many drawings that people say are good but I don't really like them. Also I don't like to draw or talk about drawing in public.
  2. I hate chocolate. I've hated chocolate ever since I was a little and had a cake with too rich chocolate. Ever since that day I've hated chocolate so much that looking at chocolate makes me throw up. Even if the chocolate is lightly covering a delicious good I still won't even touch it. Chocolate is the last thing in the world I will eat.
  3. I like playing video games. I like playing video games with my friends online and messing around and just hanging out. I like most games but not games which you have to create objects and survive. I like squad games where you can play with friends and mess around or be really serious. I also like games that are in first person and I don't mind third person games. All of the games I have are competitive so I like competitive games.

Julian Q

9 comments:

  1. The outsiders was bland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like to draw, just with pencil usually.One thing about my art is that i could not tell you what i draw i just draw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the idea that julian Q did about the two truths and one lie. And i think the lie is number 1 -Anahi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julian, I think #2 is the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think #2 is the lie

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me, I think number two is a lie. They all sound like truths but number two sounds the most like a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Yearbook Halloween party looked like a lot of fun.
    Caroline Simmons

    ReplyDelete
  8. How have you been Mrs. Davis? 8th grade has been fun! -Shantelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being in the yearbook class was fun look's like everyone is having fun! Cant wait to see the new year book.

    ReplyDelete

Show good digital citizenship.
Remember your audience.
Comments without first names will not be posted.