Friday, November 17, 2017

Thanksgiving

Hello, everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving.
I hope that you enjoy your week off 
if you are lucky enough to have one. 
I look forward to good food and time with my family.

I will also be planning our 
House on Mango Street unit next week. 
We will be reading this book when we return from break. 
It is available online in PDF format
I highly recommend buying your own copy of the book 
so you have it to read and hold and re-read and cherish.


Here is one YouTuber's review of the book.


***************************************

GUEST BLOGGERS


Two Truths and a Lie


  1. I went to Hawaii last summer. I stayed at a resort type of thing and it was fun, especially when I got stung by a jellyfish. Right off the resort, there was a beach which was nice. There was a barbeque restaurant and a couple other things. So one day I was at the beach and just messing around in the water and I felt a really bad feeling on my leg. It stung for a long time but it wore off later that day.


  1. I have 3 pets. I have 2 dogs, one is a black lab, Lucy, and another which is like a rat dog,  Murphy. We call Murphy that because we don’t know his breed and he looks like a big rat. I have a fish named Ringo after Ringo Starr. I also have pets at my mom's house.


  1. My real name is Antwan. When I was two years old my mom changed my name because she liked the name Asher more. My dad liked the name Antwan but my mom didn't like it.


Asher F.


Question of the Day


My question of the day is “What is your favorite holiday?” For this question, I asked a couple family members and people I live with.


Dad: “There's only one real holiday and that would be Christmas. Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and brings family's together like no other holiday. Only Christmas can bring out the best in people and turn our focus on others rather than ourselves. Lest we forget the food and smells that are created during the Christmas season can't be beat. The final reason that makes Christmas the best holiday is we can watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation as much as we want.”


Cathy: “My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  Most people would say Christmas, I think, so one reason I prefer Thanksgiving is to be unique. Also, Thanksgiving is during my favorite time of year, fall.  My favorite part about Thanksgiving is that the whole family gathers around the table and shares the reasons they are thankful.  And, of course, the pumpkin pie doesn't hurt!  :)”


Mom: “Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love having one day a year that focuses on everything we can be thankful for and spending quality time with family. Life gets so busy and goes so fast that I fully appreciate this holiday where we can slow down, just enjoy each other’s company, and have some fantastic food as well.”


Amy S.


Movie Review- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story


         Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is a good movie. For one, it fills in the thirty-seven-year-old plot error about how they got the plans to the death star in the first place. It is also enticing with action that keeps the viewer from getting bored of the movie. For instance, one example of this is when the crew infiltrates the imperial base on Scarif, and they ambush the imperial stormtroopers. This battle scene results in the highest point of action in the movie. However, it has many errors with the plot, such as when director Krennic has Jyn as his prisoner, and then Cassian somehow appears, even though he fell from a massive height earlier. Overall, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is a good movie, but not one of the better Star Wars movies I have seen. I recommend that you see it if you have not watched it yet.


Asher C.


2 Truths, and a Lie!


  1. I love Justin Bieber. I’ve been a Belieber since 2009, and I was 5 years old when I started liking him. I’ve seen him in concert once, and I was supposed to go to Pasadena for another concert but it was canceled.
  2. I used to live in Texas for 5 years. I moved to California by car in 3 days when I was 6 years old. I didn’t finish up school there so when I got to California I went to 2 schools for kindergarten, 2 for first grade, 2 for second grade, and I finished up elementary school at Hooker Oak.
  3. My mom gave birth to me at prom and died during my delivery. I’m an only child and I live in a foster home with 8 boys and 4 girls. My father dipped at prom and left the country. SKRTTTTTTTTT


Ashlynn C.

Two Truths and a Lie



  1. I have eight siblings. two brothers and six sisters. Their ages are twenty seven, twenty nine, twenty four, twenty three ten, eight and two three year olds but none of them are my real siblings. I look almost exactly like one of them even though we have a different dad.


  1. I went to the beach with my family and watched the sundown. The sky was pink and purple and the clouds were glowing like a glowstick.. We were looking at the sun since it wasn’t too bright and watched it go down little by little until we couldn’t see it.


  1. My step-mom is a district attorney and my dad graduated from ITT Technical Institute just last year. I do not live with my mom but i visit her every other week. We are not very close to each other so i am happy for the time i have with her.
    
Which one is the lie?
Kiana B.


 



5 comments:

  1. I look forward to spending time with you and having some dim sum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms.Davis. We miss you. -From Jacky (Palermo School Student)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Davis! We miss you soooooo much at your previous school. We all wish you were still here with us. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Ashlynn Post I think that loving Justin Bieber is the lie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The slide show we just did was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Show good digital citizenship.
Remember your audience.
Comments without first names will not be posted.