Friday, October 27, 2017

The Outsiders Projects

It's that time of year, folks!

We have read The Outsiders
and completed many activities to
better understand the novel.
Today we are finalizing our group projects
for presentation on Monday.
Students really like the opportunity to analyze
a particular character from the novel
and to evaluate one another's work.

Below are some photos of students
working hard for the gallery walk next week.













**********************************

GUEST BLOGGERS

Question of the week

I asked my dad a question about basketball.  When did you start playing and when did you stop playing basketball and why?  His answer was, when he started playing he was in seventh and eighth grade in willows. He was one of the best players on the team and he put all his effort into basketball.  My dad said that basketball was his favorite sport and he would practice everyday with his buddies.  My dad also said, “No pain no gain.”  He stopped playing in high school because he couldn’t afford it and he moved to chico so he had no friends.  I am proud of my dad because he didn’t get to play throughout high school but he was a good basketball player.  As of today, I look up to my dad as a reference and an idol for basketball.  He encourages me and tells me to do my best.

Laura V

3 comments:

  1. That's a cool story that happened to me I loved dancing I've been dancing my whole life. I started dancing at hype dance studios when I was 5 and kept dancing their till I was 11 but we moved and my mom didn't have enough money so I had to quit. It broke my heart dancing was my world but I had too but now I dance almost everyday.but now I'm on the chico jr cheer team. Angelina Driessen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. It sucks that he had to stop. i love basket ball and this reminds me of myself a lot. I play almost everyday with my friends and work really hard. I've played 8th grade and also 7th grade and hope to play in high school. Your dad seems to be a lot like me with basketball.
    -Kalin montana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really inspiring!
    -Bennet Waltz

    ReplyDelete

Show good digital citizenship.
Remember your audience.
Comments without first names will not be posted.