Have you seen any of these movies? They are all "Teen Movies" adapted from the works of William Shakespeare.
He was a playwright, a poet, a shrewd businessman, and a wordsmith over 400 years ago.
His words are used all the time, and we don't even know they are attributed to him. Here are some examples from Mental_Floss:
1. “WILD GOOSE CHASE”: ROMEO AND JULIET, ACT II, SCENE IV
2. “GREEN-EYED MONSTER”: OTHELLO, ACT III, SCENE III
3. "PURE AS THE DRIVEN SNOW”: HAMLET, ACT III, SCENE I AND THE WINTER’S TALE, ACT IV, SCENE IV
4. "SEEN BETTER DAYS": AS YOU LIKE IT, ACT II, SCENE VII
5. "OFF WITH HIS HEAD": RICHARD III, ACT III, SCENE IV
6. "FOREVER AND A DAY": AS YOU LIKE IT, ACT IV, SCENE I
7. "GOOD RIDDANCE": TROILUS AND CRESSIDA, ACT II, SCENE I
8. "FAIR PLAY": THE TEMPEST, ACT V, SCENE I
9. "LIE LOW": MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, ACT V, SCENE I
10. "IT’S GREEK TO ME”: JULIUS CAESAR, ACT I, SCENE II
See the above and read some more
common Shakespeare quotes here.
common Shakespeare quotes here.
For the next three weeks in class, we are going to learn a little more about Shakespeare. We will find out about his life and his works. We will read his comedy, "The Tempest."
Are you ready? Let's do it!
I have recently watched the movie Middle School: The Worst Years Of My Life. I really liked this movie because I am still in middle school and at this age nobody likes rules. I first wanted to watch this movie because an actress I knew played a role in this movie. I really liked the role Jeanne played by Isabela Moner. Jeanne was a good girl in the movie; the one who followed the rules and volunteered for anything. She was your typical good girl, straight A’s student but was she a good girl at heart? The main role Rafe, Griffin Gluck, had recently got his drawing notebook thrown in a tub of acid by the principle, the antagonist. Seeing all of his drawings that took hard work and time in his life go down the drain, he wanted revenge. He planned to break every rule the school had. While breaking these rules he had to have a partner in crime, his best friend Leo. Aside from trying to break all the rules he had family problems, girl problems and his own personal problems. This movie contains comedy, emotion and a little romance. I recommend this movie because not only is it funny but age appropriate and has a very good soundtrack.
Two Truths and A Lie
1. When I was in the seventh grade I had all b’s except for one class. Other people have told me that teacher doesn't like seventh graders, and I think it was true because every day of his class he would send me to the office. In total I got kicked out twenty times and not one got me in trouble.
2. Last summer I had a dog named Spot. He was the cutest little puppy. He was all white and had black spots all over its body. One morning I was taking out the trash and I saw this white thing in the road. I thought it was a funny looking squirrel. I went to look at it and it was my puppy Spot! he just got hit with a truck. IT WAS A HIT AND RUN!!!!!!!
3. I like to play soccer I am pretty good at it. When I was a little kid around 5 years old, I was scared to play because I got hurt and I was embarrassed. When I got older, I was a lot stronger and bigger, so I was not scared at all. Every time I step on the field, I choose one guy and he will be the person who lands on their butt at least once. Ever since then I love playing soccer.
Two Truths and a Lie
- I love the band Neck Deep. It is my favorite band and my favorite songs is December. My favorite album by Neck Deep is “life's not out to get you”. I like this band because they are all adorable and have some great music. I adore Neck Deep.
- I love gardening. Gardening is a really fun sport and makes a lot of hard times easier. It also relaxes me. I started gardening when in 6th grade I met a mom at an Arbonne party and she brought me coffee and we started to garden. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Her name was Debra.
- I can play the drums, ukulele, the flute, piano, and the guitar. I love music and it has always been a close part of my life. Ever since I was little I was singing and dancing and playing whatever I could find. So music was and is a good escape for me.
My favorite types of foods are quesadillas, hamburgers and pancakes. The reason why I like quesadillas is because I like cheese and tortillas very much. A quesadilla has both of those items put together. I like the melting hot cheese inside of the tortilla which gets folded in half to make the best type of food, the quesadilla. The other reason why I like quesadillas a lot is because they go with almost everything. They go with soup, eggs, beans, and rice, pretty much every type of mexican food.
The second type of food that I like is a Hamburger. I like hamburgers because I like the taste of them. I like to eat hamburgers with everything on it such as, buns, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, pickles, and mayonnaise. The only thing I don’t like on my hamburgers is mustard. I never really liked the taste of mustard.
My last favorite type of food are pancakes. I like pancakes because they have a good taste to them, especially in the morning. When I wake up in the morning and I go to eat my breakfast, I always get pancakes. I like to eat my pancakes with lots of syrup. The weird thing is I like to eat pancakes with an egg right on top. These are all of my favorite types of foods and why I like them.