Thursday, December 21, 2017

End of the Semester

Here we are at the end of the semester and students are interested in Extra Credit. ;-)

Some additional guest blogs for your reading pleasure:


*********************************************
GUEST BLOGGERS


I Am Nonexistent Without You
(Creative Writing)

I am me without you.
And you are you without me.
I am nothing without you;
You are nothing without me.
I am nonexistent without you,
Even if you are my opposite.

I am light without any darkness.
I am dark without any light.
I am evil without any good.
I am good without any evil.

I am going without stopping.
I am ceasing without moving.
I am capable without failing.
I am failing without being able.

I am nothing without thing.
I am thing without nothing.
I am death without life.
I am living without dying.

I am me without you.
And you are you without me.
I am nothing without you;
You are nothing without me.
I am nonexistent without you,
Even if you are my opposite.

Kayla L.


Movie Review: “Beauty and The Beast”
My movie review is on the new “Beauty and The Beast”. I liked the movie because it had a lot of detail in many parts of the movie. Some examples are the castle, the glass covering the rose, the designs on Beauty's dress and The Beast's suit, and the filigree on the candle and clock. I also liked that the narrator introduced what The Beast had to do to be human again to us. The Beast also knew that if he couldn’t love someone and get them to love him back before the last petal on the rose fell, he would be a beast forever. He thought that nobody could ever love him. I think that my peers would enjoy this movie because it is just overall a really good movie, and who doesn’t like a Disney film? I would also recommend this movie because it is sweet with some conflict, and it is the perfect movie to have with a bowl of popcorn.

Athena C.


Movie Review: Holes
I liked the movie Holes because the present is based on what happened in the past. Throughout the movie, it is going back and forth between the present and what happened in the past. For those who haven’t seen Holes, it is about a boy named Stanley that gets sent off to a camp called Camp Green Lake, a juvenile detention center for boys for 18 months instead of going to jail because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was accused of stealing a pair of famous baseball shoes from a homeless shelter. But the boys at Camp Green Lake have to do an unusual thing. Every day they have to dig a hole, five feet deep and five feet wide. Mr. Sir says that they are not looking for anything, but to build character. He still calls the place they dig a lake, but it's all dried up. It is very big and it's the perfect place for digging holes. When he gets to Camp Green Lake, he gets put with a group of boys that seem very mean at first but just in that day Stanley learned a lot. I recommend this movie because because it is different. You could also read the book but the movie is more interesting.

Kiana B.

Two Truths and a Lie
  1. When I was six I went to Disney World with my uncle. We went there all day till it closed for four days. We had to visit seven parks in that time. We rode all the rides we possibly could, but there were seven parks! Each park seemed bigger than the last one. They all were at least as big as Disneyland. We only stayed there three days. We woke up super early and went to bed late so we were exhausted and sometimes didn't want to wake up. It was the most fun thing I had ever done up to that time and definitely most exhausting. Disney World is located in Florida so we also had to fly to my uncle's house in North Carolina then drive all the way to Florida which makes it even more exhausting. 
  2. One time my stepdad, Colby, got stuck in the snow with my grandparents, aunt and uncle for two days with no working car or phone. We sent a search crew after him. My family and I were scared we would lose him. I wanted to stay home all day and be home when he arrived, but we just did our normal routine like my mother didn't even care. 
  3. One day my dad and I went to the creek and we found a fishing pole and we fished with it and caught a trout. It was a really old fishing pole. I am pretty sure we lost it, but it was made out of bamboo so it was expensive I assumed. We looked at the fish, and my dad asked me if I wanted to eat it or let it go. I don't like the taste of fish that much, so we let it go. 
Aaron H.



6-Morning Breaths
(Creative Writing)

I smell the soft air of your breath.
It smelled sweet, like honey and lavender.
The bright sun shone the silhouette of your hair and the curtains.
I smelled your breath once more...
It smelled like crud.
No wait, it's my breath.
Crud... I have morning breath.

KAYLA L



Two Truths and a Lie

  1. I went to Oregon over the summer with my family and some of our friends. We camped at a beach, and on the last day we were there, I fell. A sharp rock went through my hand. It really hurt. There was a doctor where we were, so he stitched and wrapped up my hand.
  2. About one year ago I was having trouble breathing so I had to go to Enloe. They couldn’t help me there, so I had to get flown in a helicopter to UC Davis. When I was there, they put an IV in me and I got better. Even when I was better they kept doing tests on me. They kept me there for a week and a half even though I really only should have been there for a couple days.
  3. My great great grandfather played on the Oakland Oaks. He was a pitcher, and he only hit 3 home runs. One of his home runs was in a gopher hole. One was through a hole in the outfield fence. The last one was in another gopher hole.


Jacob F.


Movie Review: Coco
A movie I recently watched was “Coco”. This movie is about Mexican cultural traditions, family expectations, and moving away to create your own path. It described the Mexican way of life. The main character is Miguel, who was a boy that was expected to follow his family business of shoemaking. In his heart, all he wanted to do was be a musician. Music was in his veins and his heart. He learned how to play guitar on his own but kept it from his family. One day, on the Day of the Dead, he stole a guitar that belonged to a famous singer who had died. This took him to the land of the dead were he found his family members. He went on an adventurous trip to find his great great great grandpa to have him give him his blessing to become a musician. Along the way, he meets interesting characters like Frida Kahlo and Pedro Infante. I recommend this movie to everyone because it's a great family movie; it shows the Mexican cultural traditions of life, and it teaches a very valuable lesson to kids.


Alyssa A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show good digital citizenship.
Remember your audience.
Comments without first names will not be posted.