Friday, August 11, 2017

Setting up for the New School Year

I don't know about you, but I look forward to the beginning of school. 

World Map
Teacher Work Station
Even though I have fun over the summer travelling, sleeping in, reading, and visiting friends and family, I always come back to my classroom earlier than many other teachers. I just can't stay away!

Today, I visited my classroom with two guest helpers.

Ms Jackson

My new resident (student) teacher, Ms Jackson, brings years of theatre experience to my classroom. She is also a great writer with a warm student rapport. Her many hours in my classroom last year as a volunteer make her perfectly suited to work with me and my students this year.


Thank you for your assistance today, Ms Jackson, organizing and preparing for this coming school year.

Josie G

My second helper is a former student, Josie. What a reliable, independent, hard-worker! Josie cleaned and organized for me, so I could look at the calendar and plan some beginning-of-the-year activities. Thanks, Josie!


Eva Jade
Last week, my daughter Eva flopped down on the rug to read on her device. This brought me such joy, as it is my wish that all my students will come in, choose a spot, and nurture their love of reading!

School doesn't officially start until August 21st, but I will surely be in my classroom off and on between now and then. If you know how to find room 303, you are welcome to pop in and say hello. 


Ease into the school year:

Alternative Seating
  • Try some of the new seating options in my classroom. 
  • Bring a book or magazine to donate to the reading shelf.
  • Listen to music with me.

See you soon!


Reading Material

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show good digital citizenship.
Remember your audience.
Comments without first names will not be posted.