Thursday, June 1, 2017

You're A Star

My publications staff decided to recognize a few teachers and staff for the hard work they do on campus. 
We wish we could thank everyone here at Chico Junior because they all do so much for so many.
This is how their Thank Yous took form.
You're a Star, Diana Burdine!
Our Custodians are Stars!
Mrs. Hislop is a star!
What would we do without our counselors?
Just a few personal Thank Yous
THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING AMAZING!!!

*******************************

GUEST BLOGGERS


Question of the Week


This week I asked my mom, who works at a daycare, “What do you like about working with kids?” She answered, with a smile on her face, “Kids are amazing. They’re creative and imaginative; they're always laughing and playing; and I love their innocence. They don't discriminate by race, gender, or religion. They play with you no matter who you are.” She also said, “I love when they learn and try new things. Whether it be food or learning a new word, their joy brings me joy”
I also asked her, “What made you want to work with kids, and when did you know that’s what you wanted to do?” She answered, “One day I was asked to help with the kids at my church and fell in love with it. They were so fun to work and play with, and I decided that this is what I want to do with my life.”


Iyanah B


Sports Update: Warriors Playoffs Round 2


The Warriors are in the second round of the playoffs after sweeping the Trail Blazers (4,0). The Warriors are going to play the Utah Jazz for the quarter-finals. The Golden State Warriors are the number one team in the Western Conference and the Utah Jazz is the fifth team in the western conference. The Jazz made it to the quarterfinals by beating the LA Clippers (3,4). In my opinion, the Golden State Warriors are going to sweep the Jazz because the Warriors are number one in about everything. The Jazz has a pretty good defense but not a very good offense and that is where you put points up on the board. It will be very hard for the Utah Jazz to beat the Golden State Warriors. I think that this year the Golden State Warriors will go all the way and win the trophy.


Marcos B


Movie Review


I recently watched the new live-action Beauty and the Beast. I know many people have not seen it and know what it's about, so I won't do any spoilers or a summary. I love all things Disney, and I can say hands down that Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney live action adaptation. What I love about it is that it stays true to the original movie and makes it come alive. All the songs, characters, and costumes are the same. Also, the live action makes it 10 times as real, because you seeing actual people tell the story. My favorite scene is Be our guest. I loved the beautiful colors and the incredible animations. Seeing all the dishes flying and dancing was incredible. My second favorite scene was when everyone turns human. In the animated version you don't see everybody, and I like that you do in the adapted version. I suggest that all go see this incredible move, you won't be disappointed.

Iyanah B



Question of the Week: “What would be included in your favorite meal?”

My mom's favorite meal would be Japanese themed. She would order sushi. What she means by sushi is a big bowl of rice with lots of different types of fish. Her favorites are salmon, tuna, yellowtail, eel, mackerel, and she would like to try fish she does not usually eat. There would have to be vegetables like soup or green salad. She would drink a big glass of cold water and eat slices of ginger. She would have the meal with me, my sister and my dad at Big Tuna or in Japan in a restaurant by the beach. But that would be for a special occasion like on a birthday or anniversary because it is expensive. She says, with food that good, there's no room for dessert. But I always have room for dessert so I would have a root beer float.


Jesse C.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome recognition for the super stars! I think you should get some too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing this when I was in yearbook! it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Show good digital citizenship.
Remember your audience.
Comments without first names will not be posted.