Friday, January 13, 2017

What are you reading? (tiny font size will not adjust)



In my family, we value reading. My wife and I read books and magazines. She pores over cookbooks because she is an amazing chef! I have been reading to my daughter, Eva, since before she was born. Even though she reads quite a bit, she still says, "I don't like to read."

Why do so many students dislike reading? What is the solution? How do we create lifelong readers? Tell me in the comments section. What do you read? What would make you like reading more?


Don't forget, students can earn extra credit in my class by writing original book reviews of books they have read for the blog.


Currently, these are the books Eva says she likes:

The Tiger Rising
A Time For Courage: The Suffragette Diary 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Cinder
Not One Damsel in Distress
Manga


Most recently, I have read:

The Storyteller 
The New Yorker Magazine
A Million Little Pieces


Ange prefers non-fiction:

A Walk in the Woods
Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast


What are you reading?

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently reading any books that I find interesting. For my 7th grade Reading/Language Arts class we are reading the Giver. Shantelle really enjoys the Giver and is reading that. I am reading some of the Percy Jackson books as well.
    -Faith & Shantelle

    ReplyDelete

Show good digital citizenship.
Remember your audience.
Comments without first names will not be posted.